- Vital commences 3000m of RC drilling to test the Bella Tondi prospect, part of the recently acquired Bouli Gold Project in Niger, West Africa
- Bella Tondi has had intensive hard rock artisanal activity over +1.5km of strike
- Diamond drilling in 2016 at the nearby Burke Burke and Petit Druikou prospects returned high-grade gold intercepts of:
- BDD002: 17.9m @ 7.92 g/t Au from 57.2m
- BDD001: 1.6m @ 16.58 g/t Au from 63.7m
- BDD029: 7.1m @ 2.73 g/t Au from 16.0m
- RC drill program expected to take 6 weeks with results expected in late January 2018
Vital Metals Limited (ASX: VML) is pleased to advise it has commenced a 3,000m RC drill program at the Bella Tondi prospect, part of the Bouli Gold Project in Niger.
Bella Tondi is located approximately 25km north of the 2.5Moz Samira Hill gold project on a prominent north-south structure with gold mineralisation located on the contact between a mafic instructive and volcanoclastics.
There has been significant hard rock artisanal mining over a strike length of +1.5km, with up to 20,000 miners working on it. Workings stopped at approximately 50m depth due to hitting the water table. Vitals program will be the first time the mineralisation has been drill tested.
Vital’s maiden drill program is designed to test gold mineralisation under artisanal workings with drill fences spaced on 100m sections along the strike of the workings. The drilling is expected to take 6 weeks to complete, with the first assay results due late January 2018.
Vital Managing Director Mark Strizek said the Company was excited to drill test the prospect. “Having just returned from Bella Tondi, the prospect ranks as one of the largest artisanal fields I have visited. The scale of workings and volume of people were sufficient to allow the construction of a mobile phone tower just for the immediate area.” he said.
“I am also very pleased with the level of support shown for our exploration program from the Niger Government, SUMMA and their Niger partners.”
Bouli Project Agreement
As announced on 18th October 2017, Vital’s drilling at Bella Tondi is part of an exploration agreement with private Turkish company SUMMA over the Bouli Project. Vital will spend $ 1 million on exploration at Bouli over six months, after which it can elect to proceed or withdraw from the agreement. If Vital chooses to proceed, the Company can earn a 50% interest in the project by spending an additional $5M on exploration over two years. On establishment of a 50/50 joint venture, Vital can acquire SUMMA’s stake for a 2.5% gross revenue royalty.
Vital Metals Ltd
Phone: +61 8 9388 7742
Phone: +61 420 582 887